Guided Implant Placement
Missing teeth can have a significant impact on your overall health, self-esteem, and quality of life. Family Dentist Tree employs professional implant dentists who can provide a natural and life-long solution to your problem to restore your smile, health, and confidence.
Family Dentist Tree uses advanced dental technology to make sure that your dental implants are the right fit and have the best outcome.
What Is Guided Surgery?
Guided surgery uses computers, software, advanced 3D technology, and guide kits. These are used to make sure that the dental implants are placed in the best position during the final prosthetic outcome without any biological violation.
Advantages of Guided Surgery
- Mini-invasive surgeries without the necessity to elevate a surgical flap
- Prefabricated fixed prosthesis
- Implant sites can be decided before surgery according to bone volume and quality, location of anatomical structures (nerves, sinuses, teeth ), prosthetic, and aesthetic evaluations
- Increased case acceptance and patient education
- Implants may be placed into areas of bone where it would otherwise be difficult or impossible
Steps to Making a Computer Assisted Implant Guide
- CBCT - A CBCT, or Cone Beam CT scan, (in Dicom format) is taken. This is a digital imaging test that uses x-rays and computer-processed x-ray data to create a highly accurate, high-resolution visual imaging of your teeth and jaw.
- Consult - A confirmation of implant placement is required.
- IOS STL - Intraoral scanners (IOS) are devices used to take optical impressions to create a 3D model of the desired structure.
- Design - The guides are designed using dental software.
- Print - A 3D printer is used to create the guides.
Dental Implant Pros and Cons
When Are Dental Implants Needed?
If you have missing teeth, consider yourself a good candidate for dental implants. A person may have premature loss of teeth due to several reasons, including tooth decay, gum disease, or injury.
If you are looking for a “tooth implant dentist near me”, book a consultation with our dentist to see if dental implants are the right solution for your missing teeth. Although dental implants in Oakville (sentence doesn't make sense) are an excellent restoration option, you need to have healthy gums and a strong jawbone to provide adequate support to the implants.
Like other dental solutions, implants also have their unique set of pros and cons.
Here are several reasons why dental implants make great sense for patients who require artificial teeth replacement.
- Aesthetics - Dental implants are designed to look and feel like your regular teeth, so you are ready to flash your Insta-ready smile anytime.
- Bone Health - Implants help replace the root of your missing tooth, which helps prevent the possibility of bone loss.
- Durability - Once dental implants successfully fuse with your jawbone, they become stable. With proper care, expect them to be as durable as your natural teeth. Unlike dentures (which typically last for just about 5 years), dental implants can provide you a long-term solution to missing teeth.
- Practical Benefits - Dental implants don’t only give you a picture-perfect smile. Once the implant’s titanium post is fused to your jaw and stays in place, you would not be having any difficulty talking and eating.
Dental implant surgery also comes with several challenges, including:
- Lengthy Process - Dental implant patients may need to wait for a few months to allow the implant to successfully fuse with the jawbone. Since a dental implant procedure involves multiple steps, it may not be a viable solution if you are looking for a quick fix.
- Infections - Although the complications of dental implants are rare, there is a small risk for a gum infection following the surgical procedure that can lead to implant failure.
- Additional Procedures - If you have insufficient bone to support the implant, a bone graft may be necessary. In other cases, you may require a sinus lift if your sinuses are too close to your jawbone. These additional procedures can lengthen the waiting time for your implants to fuse to your jawbone.
How Much Do Dental Implants Cost in Oakville?
The typical cost of dental implants in Canada can range between $2000 to $4500 per tooth, including the implant material fee. However, this does not include the prosthodontics part of the treatment. So, the dental implant cost in Oakville for each tooth can vary, depending on the procedure.
If you are considering getting a dental implant, call Family Dentist Tree at (905) 845-1833 to book a consultation appointment with our implant dentist in our Oakville dental office.